Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ancestors' Right to Vote - Part the second

Oi. Somehow I got distracted before finishing a proper analysis for my ancestors' voting rights for my last post, Ancestors' Right to Vote.


I think I was so caught up in thinking about Mary Young Worrall and Margaret Gilligan McCormick that I forgot to finish analyzing all of my great-great grandparents.  I added 4 more folks to the table, above (which should scroll down if you're in the little window).

And I found one more ancestor in this generation who never received the right to vote.  Christine Williams Biddle Cadwalader was born 14 Feb 1847 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and died 27 Mar 1900 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania - well before women received the right to vote in 1920.

Christine's younger sister, Emily Williams Biddle (1855-1931), who I've written about in other posts, did live long enough to have the right to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment