Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday's Child - Theodore James and Francis Edward


I think this is the first non-relation tombstone I've highlighted in my blog. But I saw this stone in Copp's Hill Burying Ground during a recent trip to Boston. According to an entry on Find A Grave that I'm fairly certain is a matching entry, the stone is for the children of Samuel and Sally Brewer.

I didn't really think much of this particular memorial when I passed by it at first. But something caused my to turn around after I passed by, and as such I noticed the back of the tombstone.

I've found information on various sides of tombstones before, but this is the first time I've seen a stone that looks like it was made from a section of another stone. The more I explore the burial places of my ancestors, the more interested I am in finding out more about cemeteries, tombstones, symbolism, and such. I'm not sure exactly where to start looking to find out more information about tombstones and their construction, but I'll be interested to see what I can turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment