Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 22 - Christmas and Deceased Relatives

From Geneabloggers: http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com/preview-advent-calendar-christmas-memories/

1. Did your family visit the cemetery at Christmas?

Did I? I'm embarrassed to say 'no' -- though I plan to this year, since I'll be in town. Did others? Yes. My grandmother would go lay wreathes on many of the graves, and knowing my grandmother, probably with clippers in hand to trim back any overgrown evergreens obstructing some of the tombstones.

2. How did your family honor deceased family members at Christmas?

Our family gathers every year around Christmas for a party. To honor those passed, we tell stories, laugh, and raise a glass in toast to them. As for me, I like to get a bottle of my grandfather's favorite champagne (when I can find it) to share with family and/or friends around the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment